Skip to main content

Our friends, Our best couple

I am so glad that we settled for our best couple to be the Makuthis. Initially, when we mentioned to some people  that we wanted them to be our best couple, people were  truly concerned because Emma is Alex's older sister. Most argued due to that blood relationship,it would be difficult to resolve issues because they would have a  natural bias towards Alex. 

 We settled for them because we share the same values, are in same age group and our relationship is founded on  Christ and the friendship we had even before we started dating.  Infact we are in a larger couples group together. We have sat a zillion times with them and draw so much lessons from their true experiences. Over the years, I have never regretted them being in our lives both as friends, best couple and relatives. Emma is first my  true friend then my sister.

We have had our share of ups and downs in marriage like all people do and we have sort their help and wisdom, they have also had the right to probe us and what has captivated me most times is how impartial they have been. They are graced with wisdom, they  have believed in us even when at times our sight was blinded. They look and deal with the real and underlying issues and not the persons involved. .Most of all they are real examples to us both in how they handle their marriage and their 3 lovely babies.They  actually practice what they preach, are available and accessible to us whenever.

We had a lovely evening together on Thursday without the kids. We just laughed and laughed but in the midst of catching up we learned much more. So today, I just want to say thank you to the Makuthis for being in our lives and for being such valuable friends to the Karega family. We can not reward you for your input in our lives, but we say may the Lord bless you, may He expand your boundaries, may He bless your going in and going out. May He grace you with more wisdom, joy and love and may He protect your Hearts of Gold. 

You are a great team, a great couple and a great family. We love you.

Wa Karega

Comments

Ems Makuthi said…
humbled, humbled, humbled!
Ems Makuthi said…
Humbled, humbled, humbled

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her