Skip to main content

Can of worms -Part 2

The landlord wants his house vacated by end month and has accepted to open the house. My tenants were so mad and refused to come get the key. Clearly I could understand their anger at how they were treated. Remember I had an agent who was our middle man, even he all over sudden became scarce.

So I had the key to the premise, I called all the  fundis who had done various amendments to the house to meet at the house and undo what they had done i.e the painter had to return the house from purple to white, the plumber had to removed the sink and toilet we had put and the electrician had to also so some work. Our tenant accepted to come to the premise, he understood my story and I thought that was favour because if it were any other, I would have been sued clearly. However he mentioned that they wanted their deposit and wanted to pro rota the rent for the current month. I was like what, yes we will return your deposit but your rent for the current month no. Infact in their anger, they had written a letter and stated that they wanted to move out with immediate effect and that we should deduct their current month rent from the deposit and give back the rest of the money. So we agreed to meet in the evening and sort out the issue. At the same time, I was digging deep into our pockets to pay for the repairs of the house. All this time SAS is closed because I am the one who runs it.

Anyways when we met the tenant,thats when we discovered that our agent had lied to us from the beginning. He knew that the tenant was not residential but was for commercial purpose yet in the contract he indicated that it was residential. So this caught the tenants by surprise when we pointed out that they were on the wrong like us. Secondly as the tennant spoke I just said the lord must have spared us from disaster and never be caught in the wrong side of the law. The tenant was revealling all the plans they had for the premise, they were even invloved with public relation activities with an aspiring politcician and had used the place for their meetings.As he spoke ,i felt like I would dig a hole and hide there forever.He said how some of his friends wanted the property for many other projects because of its strategic position. We looked at each otehr with my partner and just said thank you lord for protecting us even when we were on the wrong.

My tenants culture  really respect women and so they like dealing with men especially while discussing business issues. So the tenant  kept asking where is your husband so that we can argue with him?They found it hard to argue with us on the pro rata rent issue and we agreed that we just give back the deposit. They moved their stuff the next day and my fundis finished renovations and I handed the key to the landlord last week Friday.

Looking back we inquired such losses as we had already paid the agent his commission, had to refund the deposit and repairs etc , meant we did not make any money and should have just pulled out of the deal early in the year.But with my ambition , I convinced the rest to dive in  with my brilliant idea and we lost and lost hard.

Today am not proud of what I did but am glad that I am wiser now and am not perfect. However I saw so much favour, because truth be told, I had visualised myself in court, with a scarf over my face,hiding from cameras..am serious my mind had gone that far. I asked for forgiveness and there was no excuse for what I did,

So please don't judge me, learn from me and follow your instincts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her