Skip to main content

Am hollow today

Am already missing him and its hardly a few hours since he left. When we were dating, I got him a cup which was hollow inside and it said "am hollow without you". Sometimes that is the feeling I get when he is away. My beloved had to travel early this morning and will return God willing on Sunday. We sure do miss him when he is away.

Samara keeps saying" Daddy" over and over again and how do I explain to her that daddy has traveled for business and will return after 2 or 3 days? It is like she knows and at times she will hear the neighbours door being opened and she rushes to the door or looks at me and says"daddy".Then I have to tell her no that is not daddy, daddy left for work.

All in all, I miss him because he makes my life complete, at least I have something to look forward to in the evenings, he comes home, we catch up on the day's events and just bond as friends. When he is away,I get home, sometimes we go out with Samara for hot chocolate& window shopping, get home, eat, wash her and both sleep early, so that the nights become shorter and the days rush as we wait for him to return.

While he is away, I get to appreciate Alex and the things he does in the home which I don't have to bother about like, has main door been locked before we sleep,changing Samara's morning diaper and most of all I miss the sense of security he provides in the home. Believe it or not, there is some safety I feel when he is home, in his absence its different. I miss the breakfast we share every morning and the time we share as a family during the weekends. Oh, when Sunday arrives, am always so tempted to sleep in why? Because when he is there, he helps me with Samara in church, when I am alone, the drive to our church seems so far and when we get there, I have to entertain Samara through out and ensure she doesn't make much of a fuss (our church is not too big) and therefore most times I am physically present but I hardly hear much. Now you understand why I say am hollow.

So long story short, babe am missing you and am sure when evening comes Samara will realize daddy ain't coming home and she will miss you too. So wish you well in the relaunch of the Maasai Radio in Narok, am so proud of you and how you handle it so well, I know it will be a success. But when it's done and the 2 day roadshows are done, please hurry back to us.



Have a good day to you all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her