Skip to main content

It does get lonely-6 Months Now

As mentioned in my earlier blogs, we lost a lovely pastor last week Wednesday. I said that I didn't know her personally but by the fact that she conducted Jaden's funeral 6months ago and that I had interacted with her a few times, I feel a great loss. It hurts to see her family cry, it hurts to see the pastoral team cry and hurt.It also hurts to see her good friends grief. Death is so painful and as I have sat in those funeral meetings, I have had fresh memories of the pain of losing a loved one.

How I wish to tell them as they were told yesterday that it gets more lonely after the funeral. It gets lonely when you get home and others return to their lives and you are left to try pick up the pieces. After the funeral is when the reality dawns that truly your loved one is gone, yet they were assured that God raises a people who stand by your side in the new journey.  God brings people who pray, who cook, who call you and allow you to just pour your heart.

The greatest assurance is that God never leaves us alone, even when we are at our lowest, God is there rock bottom, when we do not want to wake up, He is there and understands. He alone can soothe the pain, hurt and loss. 

How I wish to tell all , that it is ok to ask questions, God can handle it. It is ok to cry, you are not obligated to pretend you are strong but with days passing, God has a way of healing the pain.You shall never forget but the pain gets bearable as you cling to Him for comfort. 

Please do not run away from God, run towards Him, cry at His feet. Don't we have a good motivation now? Don't you see eternity is for real? Don't you see an opportunity to walk with God and be able to see Him and our loved ones in Heaven? I know for sure my perspective changed when Jayden passed on. I do not fear death because I want to die and go to heaven to meet him. The other day,Alex asked, when we get to heaven , what height will Jayden be? I told him, he will be as tall as Samara(she is 3yrs3months) but beyond  a doubt, we shall know him as he shall be there waiting for us.

May we grief, that is ok, but may we run to God even in our dark season. Am so proud of the congregation and the pastors. They were not shy to cry, or say how confused and sad they felt. They didn't try to be macho men and pretend all is well. Fact is there is a time for everything, there is a time to moan and it is good.

I am looking forward to visiting my son's grave and lay some flowers. It is so much better,today,  6months later, so much better than it was then 15th November 2012.It hurts but is bearable.Thank you Lord for soothing our heart aches and filling the void a day at a time. Thank you Lord for giving us courage to face each day, because today is ours ,tomorrow is in your hands.

Blessings

Sylvia

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her