Skip to main content

Samara-Our little teenager

Baby gal has grown up. Actually , she has repeated enough times that she is not a baby and that she is a big sister. Which I totally agree with her.

This morning, as we dropped her to school, her teachers said, she may become a "politician" as she is able to cunningly mobilise 5 year olds  to listen to her and fight among themselves. Well, we may have to train her  to use her leadership skills positively with time. But we admire her boldness, confidence.

I am amazed at how much she loves doing her homework, without much supervision.When am running late some evenings, I call home ask if she has homework, she says yes, she removes her book, does the work and waits for us to get home to see. She would rather write and colour than eat. She does her homework very fast and I continue to pray that she keeps the pace..think she is an opposite of what I was in school, I didn't like school to much.

She loves dresses. But she is clear that she loves her home dresses and not those of school. As I dressed her this morning, she asked why she had to wear a school dress and she lamented as to how she only likes those that she wears after school. Every evening when we get home, she is in a dress and when you tell her how beautiful she is, she glows and smiles so sweetly. When her daddy tells her she looks beautiful, I think that warms her heart, the smile he is given is amazing. I love it when Alex tells her how beautiful she is because, as a girl and as a young lady to be, knowing that her daddy thinks and says she is beautiful, he captivates her her and her self esteem just grows. Research says, gals who have felt loved and appreciated by their dads, end up being very confident. I always remember the movie"Courageous" where the dad , asked his teenage daughter to dress up and took her on a date to the best restaurant and gave her a beautiful ring. Lesson to her was that she was valuable and loved and even as she looked for a man to date her, she would always remember how valuable she was. To me that was so profound, and I look forward to a day, when Alex and Samara will have that talk.

Oh, what touches me most is her eagerness to pray and sincerity. She is also quite specific. Dear God, thank you for our mummies and daddies. Thank you for the pink bicycle that mummy and daddy will buy when they get pesa. When somebody in school isnt feeling well, she will ask that we pray for them to get well. Sunday school they say she loves praying. Ems told me she has to talk in Sunday school , but at times she gives a totally different response/topic from what is being taught. My cousin also told me , she was singing twinkle twinkle little star in their Sunday school  when she visited their church and that's when I decided that she has been watching too much of Barney and Dora and needs to retrace her steps to the bible song DVDs that she used to watch . Am so glad to say that she admits when she doesn't know a song and the one she knows she sings and dances along.

All in all, I feel like I have a small teenager in the house. Of course those with the real teens can testify more. How many times has Samara tols me she is a big gal,?How many times has she said she can do it on her own?..countless. My prayer is "Lord help me to understand her and allow her to grow and become independent and responsible".

I sincerely thank God for you Samara. Thank you for being a blessingin our lives, even in the dark season, you remind us of God's faithfulness and love towards us. Your simple and truthful prayers, captivate my heart and I pray that you will grow to love and understand God and His word. May you be passionate about Him and may He be your God all the days of your life.

Loads of love
Mummy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her