Skip to main content

I choose to give thanks

I have been seeing alot on thanksgiving and today I choose to give thanks."Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him, bless His name." -Psalm 100:4

 I am thankful to be alive and well. Grateful that I know Jesus as my Saviour and that He died for me and loves me. I thank God for my family. I thank God for my one in a million husband, a father to Samara and Jaden. My beloved is the best companion that has and can walk with me through the various seasons of life. I am thankful for baby gal, yesterday she told me she isn't called baby gal, she is growing too fast. I thank God for her energy, her smile and laughter. Today, she did not want to leave me home as she wanted to be sure that I shall make it to her school concert and watch her dance. I am looking forward to seeing her perform. Samara reminds us of God's faithfulness, we are so blessed to have her, she has a beautiful her and will always be big sister. I am also thankful for baby J. He was a source of joy to us and very peaceful. He reminded us of God's faithfulness and how awesome God is in our lives. He looked so much like Samara and we often wondered how God can almost duplicate two people to look same same.

Through baby J from birth to when we laid him to rest, we were reminded how blessed we are with friends and family. God restored so many friendships.God used people to show us much and unconditional love. We saw people sacrifice so much for us.  We can't name them all, with time maybe I shall. Am so thankful and today let me just say a big thank you to Rosemary. She is about 5 months pregnant and has been on her feet and there for me. She has picked baby gal from school when we were admitted in hospital, she and her hubby have left their 2 year old  son with the nanny many nights just to sleep over and ensure that we are ok. She has woken up early to make sure we have breakfast.She has called almost everyday and cried with me many times. I am so thankful and pray that the Lord may just bless her and her family. We have so many friends, true friends and thank God for each one of you this day.

I choose to be thankful and pray that you may also count your blessings this day.Have a great weekend.

Comments

Rosemary Teka said…
Sly it's been a while since I read your blog as I have been confessing to you, now I am reading this and my hanky is already wet I can't stop crying at the memories of Jaden and as I read this,I can't thank you enough for sharing your heart with the world out there its not an easy thing to do.

Regarding us being there for you my dear you are welcome anytime there is no other place I or even my hubby would have rather been than right there by your side and we will always be there for you we treasure your friendship and want to share all that life will bring our way as we grow old and wise both the good times and the bad...we love you.

Popular posts from this blog

Unconditional love

As I went home last yesterday, I heard the song 'In harms way'  by BeBe Winans, Rhett Lawrence, Margaret Bell-Byars. When listening to music, I want to know the lyrics,what the song is communicating and how it applies in my life. This song reminds me of God's unconditional love, even when I do not deserve it, even when I have given up , even when he knows all He knows about me, he doesn't let go of me. That is just amazing. Undying love you've given to me Seen in me things I would never have seen I don't understand why you care so much, it's all a mystery Time and time again I ask myself What have I done to deserve such wealth The price you paid, I could never repay your generosity Chorus: In wanting to save me In order to save the day Because of love you placed yourself In harm's way It's truly beyond me Left without a word to say What kind of love would place itself In harm's way? What kind of love would place itself In harm

11Years On

 Jaden, On November 10th 2012,minutes,turned to hours,to days,months and years.It's been 11 years.I still remember you,the sadness is gone but the love is still there. On October 13th your birthday,I received so much love,gifts,flowers,cake from different people who didn't know how special that day continues to be. I was reminded that despite you not being here with me& us,you remain to be apart of us in a beautiful way. Always loved From mummy

My Journey with Caleb's Family

A friend requested me to share my story on the journey we walked with Caleb's family. So below is a very long blog on that over 1 month. Am not sure what is in store for us ahead but this far it has been God. After our experience with Atrial Septal Defect(ASD) through our daughter Samara, I felt within me a call to look for people to partner with regarding kids with heart issues. So In January this year, I checked the net and bumped into a local NGO. The organization basically deals with kids with heart defects from poor families. I thought it was a noble call and contacted the organization. They were fast to respond and I visited them alone and over the weekend on a Saturday with my family. On the Saturday we went, we met Caleb and his parents. This was end of January and they were discussing with the founder of the organization about how to raise airfare for them to travel to India, first week of February. I held Caleb briefly in my arms and his mum kept saying one day her